Melanie J. WedelDirector of Federal Audit and Advisory
Areas of Specialization:
- Financial Audit
- IT Audit
- Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR)
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE) 16 and 18
- Federal Information System Controls Audit Manual (FISCAM)
- Compliance Audit
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) Firms
- Financial Services
- Federal/State/Local Government
- Department of Defense (DoD)
- Not for Profit
Ms. Wedel leads The Quiah Group’s Federal Audit and Advisory Practice. She is responsible for client service delivery in areas including Financial and IT External Audit, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) and Business Process Improvement (BPI).
Just prior to joining Quiah Group, Ms. Wedel was a Director of Federal Audit and Advisory for a well known DC management consulting firm. While there, she assisted with developing the Navy’s Financial Improvement Program (FIP) including maturing the Managers’ Internal Control Program (MICP) for the Department of Navy’s (DON’s) Office of Financial Management (FMO). She has worked with KPMG, PwC, Accenture and many other clients in the DC metro and Chicagoland area.
Ms. Wedel holds an Executive MBA as well as a Bachelor of Science in Accounting degree. She is a graduate of George Mason University and a member of the following associations; Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) and the Institute for Internal Controls (IIC).